Saturday 31 December 2011

The New Year Is Here

It's the last seven hours of 2011.
There have been ups and downs, days when I've hated everything around me, when I've wanted to sit down and cry for a long, long time.
But there have been those, perfect, snap-a-picture-and-frame-it moments too.
Too damn bad, that those moments never stand out, when it counts.
So today, I went over every picture clicked this year. And I saw my face, happy, surrounded by people I love, and who love me. And it hit me, that I have a lot to be thankful for.
So I'm going to thank everyone I can, right here, so that they know they matter.

Urmi Das: You're the best friend, the sister, that unofficial family member. You've been making every year beautiful since 2006. You're the reason I have confidence in myself, and the reason I can stand up for myself. You're the one I let my hair down with, the oli person I sexy-dance with. I love you, cheers to another year of you and I.

Isha Maniar: What can I say lady, you're the classiest person I know. Also, the oli one who cusses like a fisherwoman, and looks adorable while she's at it. You're my favorite part, of each day, coz  thats the oli time, I am myself again.

Trushank Dedhia: You made this year bearable. You made it all okay. You stuck by me, you've supported me, you've been there for me, and you've looked after me. In so many ways, and then some, you've been the reason 2011 passed so smoothly. 

Vidit Mantri: It doesn't take a lot, to make someone smile. But it takes a lot of heart, to do that, when you don't want to smile. Thank you, for making me smile, and restoring my faith in men.

Aditi Pol and Nicole Anthony: Thank you. You know why. I don't need to say it.

Alistair Fernandes: For the talks. When I needed them. And for helping me through, when I was as muddled as muddled gets.

Aryaman Rajpurohit: For helping me realize the strength I have.

Raj Mohite: For being you. And for teaching me nothing about life is permanent. Not even the things most dear to us. For support when I was frantic and harassed. For letting me see the best in me. For never, ever letting me lose hope. And for giving me your arrogance, to make me believe I'm better than others.

Nikita Bangera: For being my most girlish of girlfriends, and for teaching me everything I know about, well, let's just leave that a secret.

If  I missed you out, its unintentional. I'm sorry.
Thank you, and Happy New Year.
Much love,
Your Cynical, and Ever-the-Romantic,
(:

2 comments:

  1. So have you succeeded ?

    I hope you have ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to say I have, but I haven't.
    I've lowered my credibility in my own eyes. But I just couldn't quit.
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Unrestricted Love

The reason people don't understand homosexuality is because people don't understand love. I've heard people tell me that homos...