Tuesday 15 November 2011

From Flowers, To Schizophrenics

Flowers are pretty.
But they die.
Morbid thought, forgive me.
Why do men give us women flowers? What is it supposed to signify? I want you to have these fresh flowers, which will wilt tomorrow, just like in a few years, you will too?
And chocolates? Why? Are they saying, you're going to get fat anyway, why don't I help speed it up?
Men are funny creatures, aren't they? They want to open doors for you, and want to be the Big Strong Man all the time, and still say things like, I love you for your independence. They hate it, if you're too busy to call, but hate it if you call too often. Want you to look pretty, get annoyed if you get leery looks from other men.
What's a girl to do?
It's a hard world to live in. If you're too pretty, women don't like you. If you're not pretty, men don't like you!
Really, you can't blame me for being neurotic.

Oh well. Must keep on the search, for answers to my random, extremely imperative questions. And obviously, that elusive, true love.
Because God's truth? I'm in love with a schizophrenic. A crazy, not-all-there, amazingly intelligent, lives-in-an-alternate Universe, schizophrenic. And I'm worried that, THAT is true love.

Much love,
Your Cynical Romantic.
(:

7 comments:

  1. "Because God's truth? I'm in love with a schizophrenic. A crazy, not-all-there, amazingly intelligent, lives-in-an-alternate Universe, schizophrenic. And I'm worried that, THAT is true love."

    What beautiful lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much.
    This post is extremely special to me.
    Coz he approved.
    Except for how he insisted, he's not a schizophrenic.
    :P
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!
    men are funny creatures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gather ye rose buds....while ye may....old time is still a-flying.....a flower that smiles 2day...2moro will b dying....
    a flower resembles time which resembles change....its a reminder...of beauty..coz beauty is that which moves u...not that which u see...coz when time goes by...its the qualities each hold that will either keep em 2gether or will mk em break away....
    but in 2days world...men give flowers coz thats hw it has been....men give chocolates coz.... thats how it has been....they open the door coz thts hw it has been...a sign of a gentleman....they do it coz they think women love it....women want it...why?...coz its always have been as such....the reason is forgotten....
    its not this world thats difficult 2 live in...its ppl who r difficult 2 live with....v have made this world difficult....
    coz v prefer complications over simplicity....coz that which is simple....doesnt seem that important....but complications...yes..that which we cant understand...must b important....
    n love is one of the most misunderstood things....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rushabhh, I'm glad you agree. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, how true! :)
    I'm in love with a schizophrenic too! *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really now?
    And I thought he was one of a kind.
    :D
    I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Unrestricted Love

The reason people don't understand homosexuality is because people don't understand love. I've heard people tell me that homos...