Friday 14 June 2013

In Memory, Of All Those Memories

"Don't forget you love me, today" -Schuyler Fisk, Fall Apart Today
One day we'll both be gone. One day I'll leave this Earth. If I'm lucky, I'll leave behind a lot of memories, and a lot of money.

But for you and me, we're already gone. Even though, if we spoke in terms of distance(which I cannot) we're not too far away. Yet for all intents and purposes, we're gone.

Don't forget the way I made the skies move. Remember how, in the patch of sky above your head, I made the skies shine a little brighter? Never forget that. Don't forget that I made rainbows come alive. Don't forget how I taught you the secret language of dogs. And how to clean up poo. Don't forget how I made the rain special. And when I spoke, I really made you listen.

Someday when you're just sitting, alone, think of how I stuck a pencil in my hair to keep it off my face. When you go for a walk, in the middle of the night, think of how I loved smoking in the cold. And how much I loved the empty, dark roads.

Don't forget that lane, the one I was convinced was haunted. Don't forget the time I made you climb up on an iron gate, just so I could take a picture. Don't forget how I always had this competitive streak, that pushed me to be better than everyone I knew.

Don't forget that when I cry, my nose turns red. And when I laugh, my nose crinkles. Just the right amount.
Don't forget the way I pulled away the first time you hugged me. Or the way I looked when we first kissed. Don't forget that first date that was all it could be. Don't forget the cold winter mornings, and the cigarettes.
When you walk on the beach, take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes. Remember how I thought that was the best way to enjoy the beach

. Chat with your cigarette wala. Ask him how his daughter is, and if she graduated. Remember how I always did it, and the smile on his face, coz someone cared. Make people smile for the heck of it. Walk down the street, with a smile on your face. Its okay if some people think you're crazy. A lot won't.

Don't forget the way I believed the best of everyone. If you never forget, you'll never get cynical. Don't remember our end. Always remember how it was. It'll keep you happy. Don't get conned by the bad ones, but always give the benefit of doubt. Remember, it was the one thing I did best.

Don't forget you loved me. Ever.
Fall in love again. Make memories, better than ours with her.
But never forget you loved me. 

2 comments:

Unrestricted Love

The reason people don't understand homosexuality is because people don't understand love. I've heard people tell me that homos...