Friday 23 August 2013

With Or Without You

The one thing I keep coming back to is, no matter how great you are, no matter how right for me you are, you're not there for me.

The moon still looks pretty without you though. It still stays half-hidden behind clouds, looking like a drowning rasgulla. I still see rainbows in the country, and the stars are still never around in the city. Red is still a bright beautiful color, and blue still makes my skin look warm. Despite you not being there, puddles make me want to splash in them. And the sun makes me squint. Even when you're not here, I still love golas. And the way it numbs my lips and tongue. And the smell of old books, and warm squishy chairs, are still a source of contentment. The smell of my dog in the middle of the night, and the sound of her snoring, still puts me at peace with the world.

I still laugh till my tummy hurts. I still say stupid things, with no filter in my brain, I still love a good love story. And I still love life. I'll always be that happy person. But the reason I must go, I really really must, is because despite all of this.

When I cry, I cry alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unrestricted Love

The reason people don't understand homosexuality is because people don't understand love. I've heard people tell me that homos...